Channel 7 Eyewitness News reports that Garden State Plaza shopping center has been evacuated tonight due to a car explosion.
The extreme heat of a car on fire in the Plaza parking lot caused the tires to explode, sounding like gun shots and creating panic within the area.
Reports say that 70 percent of the mall has been evacuated and the other 30 percent is on lockdown until police investigate and deem the area "safe." No injuries are reported.
Source: Channel 7 Eyewitness News
Photo Credit: Getty Images